Psalm 37:4

Psalm 37:4 Delight thyself also in the Lord, and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

Monday, September 3, 2012

Preparing Our Field



This is one of my favorite clips in Facing the Giants.  I wanted to post this clip because of the story about the farmers praying for rain but only one of them preparing the field. It is what I kept thinking about when we worked on our little girls room.  We moved into our new house the first of May and we had touched up the paint in every room except our little girls.  Her room had just been a catch all for the extra things we had to put away.  During one of Jason's vacation weeks this summer he said it was time to work on it.  I was a little apprehensive at first because I didn't want God to think I was being presumptuous by getting the room ready even before we have a referral.  But this clip and the story about the farmers came to mind and it helped me feel better.  The entire time we touched up paint, put the tree on the wall and placed every single blossom in just the right spot I prayed and thanked God for what he is going to give us because it is what he has called us to do.....and we are just preparing our field to receive the blessing...



Add caption

2 comments:

  1. Amazing! What a blessing it will be to your little girl!! I have really appreciated your blogs lately- thanks for sharing the good and the bad... and God's hand in it all! Praying for a wonderful September for you!!
    I know I am a random person, but I am also #5 on Holt's list... maybe, just maybe, we'll get to travel together someday:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's always nice to meet other families waiting especially so close to us on the wait list! It's a very good possibility we could travel together! :)

    ReplyDelete