Psalm 37:4

Psalm 37:4 Delight thyself also in the Lord, and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Money or Not....Here We Come. (Part 3)

  Step 3...It didn't take the devil long to try and steal my joy.  Often times when I've read or talked about the Israelites it amazes me how they could see Gods miracles first hand and still be unthankful and continue to complain and not have faith God was going to see them through.  That's why they wondered around in the desert for 40 years!  Well, I caught myself being just like the Israelites!  God had just provided more than I ever thought possible and here I am doubting that he will provide the rest!  Shame on me!

  I look at this past year and see all the sacrifices we've made to save money for our precious little girl.  Little things that kind of make me laugh to think about.  We all 3 pack our lunches everyday, we only eat out once a week at Mazzios where we can eat for under 20 bucks, we refill our water bottles and have switched from soda cans to 2 liters.  No vacations, no Silver Dollar City passes, no movie theater, no weekend get away to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary.  Jason doesn't drive his truck because there's no gas in it, my car needs an oil change and new tires...just to name a few things.  I said all that to say this. God works differently in everyone's lives.  for some people it's that "Angel singing, bright light moment"  where the money just falls in your lap or a huge check comes in the mail.  I love to hear those stories.  It's those stories that prove it had to be God working.  But for some of us God works more subtly in our lives, it doesn't make him less there, he just works in a different way.  There has not been, up to this point, checks in the mail or money falling into our laps but God is here working.  He allowed for us to have the exact amount of money when we needed it.  I'm not saying I wouldn't love and accept money given to us but there is something to be said about the financial journey of adoption.  I think all the sacrifice and hard work makes the reward that much sweeter in the end.  It has also taught us to trust God every step of the way.  So, right now our savings account is back to zero but we will continue to sacrifice, save and trust God to provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment