Psalm 37:4

Psalm 37:4 Delight thyself also in the Lord, and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Letting God work

  I have viewed this adoption process in stages and with each step we take we have different feelings, we see God work in different ways and we have learned so much about life, love and faith.  Since our referral in September we have transitioned from the "work hard save everything" to the "let go and let God" phase. I am a firm believer in prayer and that God has a plan but I also believe that we can't expect things to just happen. We have to get up and work too and that's what we've done this past year and a half.  With that said I also believe there is a time to be still and let God work and that is where I feel we are at right now.  We know there is no way we will be able to save any money until after Christmas.  I will admit at first I was anxious and worried about where it will come from but since then God has given me a peace and a stillness that only he can provide.  I am excited about this phase because it will give us a chance to just watch God do his work and we will give all the glory to him.  I am a type A personality so not having a plan usually gives me anxiety and stress but I can feel God's presence so strongly right now that I am not worried one bit.   This post had been on my heart all last week and I wanted to type it up Wednesday night before church but didn't have time to get it done.   I wish I would have because I happened to check my mailbox when I was leaving for church and there was an anonymous letter with 100 dollars inside!  God had led whoever it was to give us money for our adoption.  I sat in my car at the end of the driveway and cried.  I cried for 4 reasons...knowing that God is working, affirmation that we are doing what God has called us to do and that others are also listening to God's call, and we really needed the money!  Since we wiped out our savings for our referral we have been at zero but now I can happily say we have an official start for our next financial hurdle and we are currently at $100.00!!!!  Also, some dear friends of ours Tim and Kristen Tucker are planning a fund raiser for us November 9th.  We have 5 area church worship bands coming to play!  What an amazing night of worship we will have!!!  I am excited that there are 5 different worship bands that are willing to take time out of their busy schedules to come support us and adoption awareness!  We have only known Tim and Kristen for about a year but it is amazing how much we value their friendship.  Every since we started going to LifePoint Church we have made so many valuable friendships that I wouldn't trade for the world!  There is also another prayer that we feel is possibly being answered and if all goes well we will be able to share that in about a week.  Until then we would appreciate your prayers!  God is good all the time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment